Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Two

Dear Molly Kate,
Yesterday, we celebrated your turning two years old.  My heart ached all day as I desperately longed to have you in my arms by now.  I knew from the beginning (last September) that eight months would never be enough time for all the papers to pass, but I longed for it in spite of logic.  I wonder if you got our cake on your day.  I imagine you did and were celebrating with your friends eating the cake and lollipops we sent.   I can't help but think that you understand that something in your life is going to be very different soon as I doubt many other orphans have birthday cakes delivered before a mommy and daddy commit to them.  I pray with everything in me that your little heart is softening to all that is about to happen to you.  Even though you turned two without a family beside you, you will never again be without it on your birthday or any day because in three weeks I will be holding you.  I will take you in my arms and we will begin this mother/daughter journey together.  I can't wait to meet you.  I can't wait to hear you laugh, study your belly button, dress you in the beautiful clothes you have waiting, swaddle you in the soft, warm blanket that is all yours, and whisper sweet scripture over you as I begin to teach you all that you are in the Lord.  Sweet treasure..soon you will be home!  Until that day, we are praying for you and growing to love you more and more!  Longing for May 25 when you become Molly Katherine Ling and I can hold you!



No comments:

Post a Comment