Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Today, we had the privilege of attending worship with a young couple, whom we love so dearly, as we were traveling back home for the weekend.  What a HUGE blessing it has been to watch this young one grow into such an incredible, Godly young woman.  At the service today, they had a baby dedication and, as I watched, I cried.  Don't get me wrong, I am happy about little lives.  I rejoice inside that the four precious babies dedicated today are being dedicated to the Lord in this scary, dark world.  Even more, I am thrilled that such a passionate, enthusiastic church is coming around them supporting them as they grow, but it is the ache in my heart that I just can't escape.  The ache that is there because for every one of the four that was dedicated today, held lovingly by their parents and surrounded by huge extended families, there are hundreds of thousands who will never know the touch of a mother.  Over one hundred forty million children around the world will never know the voice of a father praying over them as those four precious ones did this morning.  Rise up in me Lord!  Lead me in your way!  Give me your heart!  Demand I be your hands and feet for these least as I am about to travel to minister to some precious ones who wait .  Today I praise You that I can welcome one more precious orphan in my arms as my daughter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment